Many prospective and current homeowners are familiar with the best qualities of real estate agents – for example, physically attractive, fun, and drive nice cars.
However, I think it is more important to identify bad realtors so you can avoid working with them. Therefore, for the final article of our Special Report on Real Estate, I spent dozens of minutes researching and compiling the Top 10 Signs You Are Working with the Wrong Realtor:
10. She insists that you pay for the limousine that takes you on the pub crawl between showings.
9. He says the black fungus throughout the home is a lovely accent, the impact of which only grows with time.
8. She suggests you go in at least 20% above asking price ... when there is no competing offer.
7. He personally outbid you on competing offers for the home of your dreams.
6. When you voice concern about the water streaming from the bottom of the toilet, she says, "They call it 'taking a leak' for a reason."
5. He keeps referring to private showings as "host bars" and yells "Free Booze!" every time he walks in the door.
4. When you ask if she has prepared the documents necessary to complete the purchase of your new home, she says, "I think a handshake will do the trick."
3. He mispronounces his own profession... "Relator".
2. When you ask how she will promote your home if you list with her, she says, "By putting my beautiful face on billboards, bus benches, and magazine ads."
1. He says the three most important things in real estate are "location, commission, commission."